The Best-Selling Resource in Psychiatry NOW UPDATED with DSM-5
The new and thoroughly updated 11th edition of Kaplan and Sadock's
Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry is
a complete overview of the entire field of psychiatry for
clinicians, residents, students, and all others who provide mental
In this best-selling textbook in psychiatry for over 40 years, the
reader will find a thorough discussion of both the behavioral
sciences and clinical psychiatry. The 11th edition integrates all
the DSM-5 criteria and provides a detailed and comprehensive
overview of treatment methods for every known mental disorder.
The 11th edition is set apart from any other reference you have and
- DSM-5 diagnostic tables on every major psychiatric
- A psychopharmacology section organized according to mechanisms
of action and updated to include all of the new drugs including
those in preparation.
- Extensive use of case studies and illustrations to enhance the
- The most current treatment methods including a description of
all newly introduced psychotherapeutic techniques.
- A completely revised section on neurocognitive disorders
organized along the DSM-5 model.
- An updated and expanded section on child psychiatry; now
includes a guide to diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum
disorder and other disorders of childhood.
- A fully searchable eBook, bundled with the print.
The Synopsis of Psychiatry has been the leading clinical
psychiatric resource for psychiatrists both in the US and around
the world. It has the reputation of being an independent, accurate,
reliable and objective compendium of new events in the field of
psychiatry. Now in its 11th edition, the tradition continues, both
in print and digital formats--from the authorities you can trust.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook
edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the
book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content
throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!