The first traces of foundry date back to prehistoric times. The molds, modeled in soft stone to collect the molten metal, were used to manufacture tools. This technique marked the passage from Stone Age to the Bronze Age and the arrival of metal in daily life and the arts. Today foundry work affects a wide variety of fields like advanced industries such as aerospace. It allows forming metal alloys, cast in sand molds. Enamelling, a technique for coating metals, was used in Antiquity to decorate art objects. Today this highly manual technique is used to coat the objects of our daily life.
Chasseur enameled cast-iron cookware is manufactured at the Invicta foundry and enameling plants, which have been established since 1924 in Donchery, the French Champagne Ardenne region known all around the world for its food and wine. Today its know-how extends to sectors as different as culinary pottery, decoration, furniture, wood heating and barbeques. Invicta controls 100% of the manufacturing process in-house: design department, foundry, surface treatment, marketing and distribution.
- Enamelled cast-iron is ideal for grilling, simmering, roasting or simply for re-heating, thanks to its unquestionable properties:
- Distributes heat evenly, for slow cooking and saving energy
- Resistant to high temperatures
- Absorbs and retains heat to keep food hot
- Compatible with all types of hobs, including Induction
- Double layer of enamel, black on the edges to protect from corrosion, and matt or gloss finish on the inside and outside. Conforms with all food hygiene regulations.
The Chasseur range of Cast iron can be used on all heat sources, from the oldest, wood or coal, gas and electric, to the most modern, ceramic and induction.
The Class?Induction symbol proves that the Chasseur range fulfills all of the strict criteria to be perfectly compatible with induction hobs.
On glass-topped hobs, care should be taken not to scratch the surface.
All cast-iron products may be used in the oven, except for those with wooden handles. The stainless steel knobs on the Chasseur casseroles are suitable for use in ovens.