The Mouse Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates is the most widely used
and cited atlas of the mouse brain in print. It provides
researchers and students with both accurate stereotaxic coordinates
for laboratory use, and detailed delineations and indexing of
structures for reference. The Compact 3rd edition is both a major
revision and an expansion of previous compact editions. The 100
high resolution digital photographs of the coronal plane of section
from the third full edition now complement the coronal drawings.
The photographs of the sections and the intermediate sections are
also provided on the accompanying CD. In addition, the compact
version has a large introduction on stereotaxic surgery and the use
of the atlas in the lab, as well as a number of panoramic
simplified diagrams for student instruction. The Compact 3rd
edition is in 8.5 x 11 format and is spiral bound suitable for
positioning next to microscopes and cryotomes.
* Delineations of 100 coronal diagrams, as fully revised for the
* 100 coronal photographic plates produced from directly scanned
very high resolution images of the biological sections (done at the
* Beginner's guide with 25 pages on how to do stereotaxic surgery,
how to use the atlas, including how to match experimental sections
against the atlas plates (e.g. what features of the brain change
gradually and can be used as guides to location)
* 3 sagittal, 5 coronal and 2 horizontal simplified overview
diagrams for students
* Surface views of the brain with labels over the major
* Uses the best ontology tree (nomenclature based on the
development of the brain) so farconstructed with universal
application across mammals
* CD providing electronic versions of all diagrams and photographs
in different resolutions for downloads
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!