Since the publication of the best-selling, highly acclaimed
first edition, the technology and clinical applications of medical
imaging have changed significantly. Gathering these developments
into one volume, Webb s Physics of Medical Imaging, Second Edition
presents a thorough update of the basic physics, modern technology
and many examples of clinical application across all the modalities
of medical imaging.
New to the Second Edition
- Extensive updates to all original chapters
- Coverage of state-of-the-art detector technology and computer
processing used in medical imaging
- 11 new contributors in addition to the original team of
- Two new chapters on medical image processing and multimodality
- More than 50 percent new examples and over 80 percent new
- Glossary of abbreviations, color insert and contents lists at
the beginning of each chapter
Keeping the material accessible to graduate students, this
well-illustrated book reviews the basic physics underpinning
imaging in medicine. It covers the major techniques of x-radiology,
computerised tomography, nuclear medicine, ultrasound and magnetic
resonance imaging, in addition to infrared, electrical impedance
and optical imaging. The text also describes the mathematics of
medical imaging, image processing, image perception, computational
requirements and multimodality imaging. "
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!