Curricula in nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, human nutrition and medicine have to include modules on integrative healthcare in the pre-registration programmes (degree and diploma programmes) in order to educate prospective health professionals with regard to the basic principles of integrative healing (complementary and alternative practices).
Modules on alternative healing should be included in pre-registration curricula in order to educate health professionals with regard to the basic principles of traditional healing, herbalism, reflexology and aromatherapy. This is especially so because the integration of alternative allied health professions into the healthcare team is encouraged by healthcare providers.
No other textbook on integrative healthcare that includes the principles of traditional healing is currently available to be used in the training of nurses, doctors and allied health professionals at universities and colleges.
- Integrative healthcare curriculum available to prescribing institutions
- Provides prospective health professionals with the basic principles of integrative healing (complementary and alternative practices).
- No textbook with a South African perspective on this topic is available at present.
- Includes information on a range of complementary and alternative practices
i.e. aromatherapy and chiro practice.
- Incorporates legislation. Can be used as a reference text.
- In line with curriculum requirements.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!