The Illustrated Multilingual Science and Technology Dictionary
is one of the first English-Afrikaans-Xhosa reference resources for Intermediate Phase learners. It was compiled by people who are familiar with the needs of science and technology learners. It therefore includes curriculum entries needed in Natural Sciences
and Technology Learning Areas.
The book is an easy-to-use, learner-friendly resource. To improve readability and access it has the following unique features:
- each language is presented in its own colour: English in red, Afrikaans green and Xhosa in blue
- the column format makes it simple to move from one language to another
- attractive full-colour illustrations are used to supplement many of the definitions
- English and Xhosa entries are defined and the definitions are authoritative science and/or technology presentations which are related to the science and technology literacy levels of Intermediate Phase learners
- in instances where Afrikaans entries are complex, a definition is provided as well
One of the aims of this resource material is to develop learners' knowledge and skills so that they are able to master science, technology and related areas with ease. Although it is meant mainly for learners in the Intermediate Phase level, senior learners, educators and adults will also find it useful.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!