In the early 70s it was becoming evident to VW that a successor to the Beetle had to be found. Even though this air-cooled motor car ran and ran and ran, it was not keeping up with the times. Finally, a completely new vehicle with front-wheel drive and water cooled engine emerged based on a 1969 experimental design. It was introduced in 1974. The convertible followed in 1979 with a fixed roll-over bar on the 'B' pillar as a prominent feature. The convertible turned out to be a stroke of luck and easily reached its predecessors sales figures.
WARNING! For children over 8 years of age only
For use under adult supervision
Includes adhesive containing solvent.
|Number of Pieces:
- Faithfully reproduced bodywork with finely structured surfaces
- Separate, opening bonnet
- Multi-part, fully detailed four-cylinder engine
- Separate exhaust system
- Detailed interior with dash-board, front seats and rear bench seat
- Can be built either as a left or right-hand drive version
- Rotating Wheels - Can be built with an open or closed hood
- Imitation rubber tyres
- Instructions and authentic decal set with various registration numbers (D, GB, F, NL, B, A, I, S, DK)
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!