Showing 1 - 4 of
4 matches in All departments
The one-stop resource for accurate and up-to-date information on
the most influential and distinguished women in the world today
From Heads of State to Supermodels, this fully revised and updated
fourth edition features over 5,500 detailed biographies of women
from a variety of backgrounds, reflecting the growing role of women
in modern society. Extensively indexed, this volume is easy to
navigate and recognizes both established personalities as well as
women who are rising to prominence.
* Over 5,500 detailed biographies
* Women from all occupational fields are included, such as
politics, finance, business, academia, science, literature, the
media, fashion, the arts, medicine, sports, and many more
* Entries include nationality, date and place of birth, education,
family details, career, awards and publications, leisure interests,
address and telephone numbers, and e-mail and Internet addresses
* Extensive indexing by profession makes cross-referencing easier
A worldwide guide in just one volume, this resource will be
valuable to public and academic libraries, international
organizations, the media, professional and scientific bodies, and
anyone with an interest in the world's leading contemporary women.
Invaluable biographical details of the thousands of major figures involved in all aspects of international affairs.
This title includes leading diplomats, politicians, government ministers, heads of state, academics, civil servants, judges, bankers, academics, journalists and writers.
* Essentially a directory of international organizations as well as an invaluable A-Z guide to the world's leading officials who work within them
* Over 6,000 biographical entries
* Thoroughly revised and updated to include the latest information
* Provides details of leading diplomats , politicians, government ministers, heads of state, academics, civil servants judges, bankers, journalists and writers who are prominent in the field of international affairs.
* Each biographical entry includes: name, nationality, date of birth, family details, educations, career information, publications, contact address, telephone and fax numbers, email and internet addresses, leisure interests
* Also includes an alphabetical listing of organizations mentioned in the book.
Over 5,500 detailed biographies ranging from Heads of State to Supermodels. It acknowledges the talented and influential and contains over 500 completely new entries for this edition.
* Comprehensive biographies of women from all occupational fields are included: politics, finance, business, academia, science, literature, the media, fashion, the arts, medicine, sports and many more.
* Each entry includes: nationality, date and place of birth, education, family details, career, awards and publications, leisure interests, address and telephone numbers, and e-mail and internet where available. Also indexed by profession
This book and online combination offers the quality of content of the print edition with all the advantages of searchability and accessibility of an online database.
* Free access to The International Who's Who online with a purchase of the print edition
* Includes around 19,000 biographies of some of the most influential men and women worldwide.
* Entries are included on merit, achievement and for their continuing interest and importance.
* 19,000 biographies
* Each biography includes details of: nationality, date and place of birth, education, marital and family details, past career and current position, honours, awards and publications, leisure interests, current address and telephone number, email and internet address, where available
* A section on reigning royal families
* An obituary list of entrants who have died since the publication of the last edition
* The online edition is fully searchable and regularly updated
For a free trial of the International Who's Who online, visit the website at http://www.worldwhoswho.com
You may like...
Discovery Miles 300
Discovery Miles 920