Teaching and learning is an active, social and transformative process, which can be a daunting prospect for a student teacher trying to navigate curricula, relevant legislation, discipline and the diversity of South African schools. Help, I'm A Student Teacher
endeavours to enhance social and cognitive skills within a context of value-driven education.
Help, I'm A Student Teacher is about using theory and research to inform practice, on the one hand, and using experience from practice to inform theory and research, on the other. Activities in each chapter provide practical applications for the topics being discussed.
Contents include the following:
- Values versus rules
- The teaching–learning context in South Africa
- Development of facilitation skills
- Developing intellectual thinking and reasoning
- Integrating educational media in teaching and learning
- Classroom assessment
- Dimensions of a lesson plan
- Creating a disciplined learning environment
- Specific fundamental rights in the educational context
Help, I'm A Student Teacher is aimed at student teachers enrolled for programmes in the Intermediate, Senior and Further Education and Training phases as well as teachers in practice who want to refresh their knowledge and skills.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!