Principles of the Law of Sale and Lease
sets out concisely the general principles relating to these specific contracts.
Written by experts in the field, the third edition will assist practitioners and law students alike to understand and apply the law relating to these specific contracts.
The book is organised in two parts, integrating the common-law principles as well as the recently introduced consumer protectionist statutory provisions on sale and lease.
- Definition of Contract of Sale
- Sources of Law of Sale
- Contract of Sale and Transfer of Rights in Property Sold
- Requirements for a Valid Sale Contract
- Seller’s and Buyer’s Rights and Obligations
- Pre-Contractual Obligations
- Formalities, Content and Interpretation
- Seller’s and Buyer’s Residual and Statutory Obligations
- Particular Contracts of Sale
- Sources of Law
- Definition and Essentials of a Lease
- Duties of the Lessor
- Duties of the Lessee
- Subletting, Cession and Assignment
- Transfer of the Lessor’s Title: Huur Gaat Voor Koop
- Termination of a Lease
- Lessee’s Right to Compensation for Improvements
- Residential Lease and the Rental Housing Act 50 of 1999
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!