Are you looking for one book that covers every aspect of the teaching of English at primary level?
Now fully updated, this third edition of Teaching English, Language and Literacy includes brand new chapters on children’s literature and reading comprehension. Rooted in research evidence and multidisciplinary theory, this book is an essential introduction for anyone learning to teach English from the early years to primary school level.
The authors draw on their research, scholarship and practice to offer advice on:
- developing reading, including choosing texts, and phonics teaching
- improving writing, including grammar and punctuation
- language and speaking and listening
- planning and assessing
- working effectively with multilingual pupils
- understanding historical developments in the subject
- the latest thinking in educational policy and practice
- the use of multimedia
- maintaining good home-school links
- gender and the teaching of English language and literacy
All the chapters include clear examples of practice, coverage of key issues, analysis of research, and reflections on national policy to encourage the best possible response to the demands of national curricula. Each chapter also has a glossary to explain terms and gives suggestions for further reading.
This book is for all who want to improve teaching English, language and literacy. Designed to help inform the practice of students on teacher training courses, but also of great use to those teachers wanting to keep pace with the latest developments in their specialist subject, this book covers the theory and practice of teaching English, language and literacy.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!