Join the world’s biggest bike race on its 40-year journey from the Argus Tour to the Cape Town Cycle Tour.
312 pages with over 1000 iconic images, astonishing facts, all the winners, personal memories and the in-depth tale of each of the 39 tours to date.
Each year, from 1978, is featured as a separate chapter with:
- Highlights & facts over the years
- Factoid boxes throughout
- A graphic (for each year) showing the finish line comparisons of record holders & finishing times
- Overall finishing statistics comparison graphs since 1978
- The date, the distance & main category winners listed for each year since 1978
- Location map of the route (showing changes since 1978)
- Key stats for each year
- Overview of sponsors
- Key rider personalities
- Winner’s photos
- Images reflecting riders & supporters since 1978
- Bike, clothing, gear & technology changes over the years
- Images of the medals, logos & awards
- Key celebrities, personalities & organisers over the years
- Race number graphics & badges
- Over 1000 photographs from the archives featuring:
- Historic moments
- Interviews with iconic personalities & their personal memories
- Historic newspaper clippings
- “The year that was” box with non-cycling events for each year
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!