Your cart is empty
From the best-selling author of How Are You Feeling Today? comes a picture book that sensitively deals with developing emotional intelligence in young children. Young children can find it really frustrating when they are unable to explain what they are feeling and express their emotions. Cue: this book! Written with boys in mind because they are often encouraged to suppress their feelings, Molly Potter covers a whole range of emotions from those that are uncomfortable to happy feelings where you care about yourself and other people. Perfect for starting those all-important conversations, It's OK to Cry includes colourful illustrations, child-friendly strategies and vocabulary for managing feelings, and helpful notes for parents, carers and practitioners.
Tackling childhood obesity is a major priority for local authorities and health organisations, with recent reports identifying that more than one in five children are overweight or obese when they enter reception year. There is a growing spotlight on early years providers to demonstrate their healthy eating environment - both in terms of food provision and food education. This book is a bank of fun healthy eating activities that can also be used to meet the Early Learning Goals. It provides advice and ideas for healthy eating activities, and is also linked to meeting the EYFS welfare requirement for 'healthy, balanced and nutritious' food and drink. The national guidance on healthy eating in early years settings is highly detailed and technical. Whilst this is a valuable resource, time-poor Early Years Practitioners have a need for this material to be translated into the popular and accessible Little Book format.
A hands-on resource filled with interactive activities to engage students' thinking and skill development This book contains ready-to-use lesson plans referencing both the National Sexuality Education Standards and the National Health Education Standards, and is arranged into chapters by the seven topic areas outlined in the National Sexuality Education Standards. These include: anatomy and physiology, puberty and adolescent development, identity, pregnancy and reproduction, sexually transmitted infections, healthy relationships, and personal safety. These dynamic "pick and choose" lessons and activities have been field-tested in classrooms and workshops by the authors, who are recognized experts in this area. Many of the lessons contain an opening activity to immediately engage students, followed by student-centered learning experiences such as case studies, simulations, real-life scenarios, self-assessments, journals, and individual and group projects/presentations. * Features lessons that incorporate the essential knowledge and skills to empower students to make healthy decisions related to their sexual health * Includes performance indicators detailed what students should know and be able to do by the end of grades eight and twelve * Offers supplementary web resources and assessment projects, as well as "Home-School Connection" assignments to support family communication about sexuality
Meet Alex the accepting leader, Olivia the open-minded leader, Tyson the trustworthy leader and the rest of the gang and understand the qualities of good leadership in this collection of short stories. Not your average A-Z, this book aims to teach young people aged 8-11 about what it means to be a good leader. From honesty and respect to understanding and dependability, each of the 26 stories covers a quality that any good leader should possess and is followed by fun activities and exercises to help children learn the true meaning of each concept. Building positive leadership behaviors in children, this book will be of interest to educators, school counselors, pastoral care workers as well as parents.
Every day can mean something new for young people. Fear of the unknown and having courage is important. This title shows the ways in which young people can show courage. It presents realistic, everyday situations that kids can relate to with colorful images that support the text. Aligned to Common Core Standards and correlated to state standards.
Imikghwa emihle iyini begodu kungebangalani ifuneka? U'ngiyabawa' begodu u'ngiyathokoza' kumagama nje kwaphela. UJasper uyafunda bonyana abaluleke kangangani amagama anjengala kunye nokuziphatha kwethu. What are good manners and why do we need them? 'Please' and 'thank you' are just words after all. ?Jasper learns how important these words and our behaviour can be.
"Health for Life "provides the keys necessary for adopting healthy habits and committing to healthy living in high school and throughout the life span. The text covers all of the components of personal well-being, including physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health. It provides students the knowledge in making healthy choices and fosters the skill development required for taking healthy actions.
"Health for Life" helps students in these ways:
- Analyze how key influences affect their health and wellness, such as family, peers, media, and technology
- Explore consumer topics and use appropriate resources to find answers to challenging questions
- Sharpen their interpersonal communication skills as they share health knowledge; debate controversial topics; demonstrate refusal, negotiation, and refusal skills; manage interpersonal conflicts; and promote healthy living among their peers
- Use decision-making skills and apply healthy living skills as they identify solutions to problems posed
- Evaluate their own health habits as they relate to a variety of behaviors
- Create goals for behavior change and establish plans for healthy living
- Communicate health information with family and advocate for healthy living at home and in their communities
- Discover how health and technology intersect on various topics
The text is divided into seven units of 20 chapters. The chapters help students explore a range of topics, including mental health, nutrition, physical activity, stress management, healthy relationships, avoiding destructive habits, and making good health choices throughout life.
"Health for Life" has an abundance of features that help students connect with content in personal ways and retain the information. Here's a glance at some of those features:
- Lesson Objectives, Lesson Vocabulary, Comprehension Check, and Chapter Review help students prepare to dive in to the material, understand it, and retain it (standard NHES 1).
- Connect spurs students to analyze various influences on their health and wellness (standard NHES 2).
- Consumer Corner aids students in exploring consumer health issues (standard NHES 3).
- Healthy Communication gets students to use and expand their interpersonal communication skills as they share their views about various health topics (standard NHES 4).
- Skills for Healthy Living and Making Healthy Decisions help students learn and practice self-management so they can make wise choices related to their health and wellness (standard NHES 5).
- Planning for Healthy Living assists students in applying what they've learned as they set goals and establish plans for behavior change (standard NHES 6).
- Self-Assessment offers students the opportunity to evaluate their health habits and monitor improvement in health behaviors (standard NHES 7).
- Take It Home and Advocacy in Action prepare students to advocate for health at home and in their communities (standard NHES 8).
- Health Science and Health Technology focus on the roles of science and technology as they relate to health and where science and technology intersect regarding health issues.
- Living Well News challenges students to integrate health literacy, math, and language skills to better understand a current health issue.
In addition, "Health for Life" is reinforced by its online resources for teachers and students. Following are highlights of these two invaluable resources.
Teacher Web Resource
The Teacher Web Resource contains the following:
- Complete lesson plans; the first three lessons have a corresponding PowerPoint slide show
- An answer key to all worksheets and quizzes
- A test package that includes tests for each chapter; tests consist of multiple-choice, true-or-false, fill-in-the-blank, and short essay questions
All lesson plans and assessments support identified learning objectives. Each lesson plan includes these features:
- Preparing the Lesson (lesson objectives and preparation)
- Bell Ringer (a journal question for students, or a quiz or activity to begin class)
- Lesson Focus (main points of the lesson paired with a student worksheet)
- Lesson Application (main activity paired with a worksheet)
- Reflection and Summary (lesson review)
- Evaluate (student quiz or test or worksheet review)
- Reinforcing the Lesson (Take It Home and Challenge activities)
Student Web Resource
The Student Web Resource contains these features:
- All worksheets, quizzes, and other materials referred to in the lesson plans
- Vocabulary flip cards and other interactive elements from the iBook edition
- Expanded discussion of selected topics that are marked by web icons in the text
- Review questions from the text, presented in an interactive format for students to fill out to check their level of understanding
Delivering the content that will help students value and adopt healthy lifestyles, and loaded with the features and online resources that will help students understand and retain the content, "Health for Life" promises to be one of the most crucial texts for students today.
One day, Line met Dot...and they decided to play together! It was so much fun they invited their friends - big and small, young and old. The more the merrier. With so many friends, Line and Dot discover that they can create much more than before. This book creatively shows the importance of accepting, learning from, and living peacefully through individuality, differences, and diversity. Line and Dot demonstrates the importance of mutual respect and cooperation
Spot On is spot on! The most popular course in South Africa, Spot On has everything a learner needs in one book. Spot On improves results, makes learning enjoyable, makes teaching a pleasure and is easy to use. The Spot On Teacherís Guide comes with printable planning material, Formal Assessment Tasks, revision tests and exams.
Sometimes it is easier to lie than to tell the truth. All children experiment with lying at some stage, especially to avoid negative consequences. But even very young children can learn the difference between what's true and what's not - they can also learn to always tell the truth, even when it's a struggle."Be Honest Tell the Truth" will help parents and youngsters alike discover that being honest builds trust and self-confidence.They will also find out that telling the truth sometimes takes courage and tact. Also included in this practical volume are a number of discussion questions, games, and activities to help reinforce the ideas being taught.
A thought-provoking series that encourages children to deal with feelings, talk about their emotions, and cope with difficult situations. Each book looks at different scenarios provoked by a different set of feelings, and provides information to help them positively deal with each. Extensive research will be carried out with children and experts, with text built around their responses. In this series, difficult emotions and issues are treated seriously, sympathetically and constructively through an accessible illustrative approach.
You may like...
Lewensorientering Vandag Graad 8…
G. Euvrard, H. Findlay, … Paperback
Games, Ideas and Activities for Primary…
Julie McCormick, Robin Whyler Paperback
Celebrating All Religions
Abby Colich Paperback R141 Discovery Miles 1 410
Contemporary Moral Issues
Joe Jenkins Paperback R781 Discovery Miles 7 810
Ian Addis, Roger Smith Paperback
Teaching life skills in the intermediate…
Christina Jordaan, Mariana Naude Paperback
Edexcel GCSE Psychology Student Book
Christine Brain, Julia Russell, … Paperback R800 Discovery Miles 8 000
Kids Can Help Kids
Emily Raij Paperback
Platinum Life Skills - Grade 4 Learners…
H. Amato, J. Calitz, … Paperback (3)
Kids Can Help the Environment
Emily Raij Paperback